Meet the Doctor
Bruce Watkins, DDS
DIPLOMATE, International Dental Implant Association
● Highest Status Awarded for Distinguished Implant Excellence
After graduating dental school, Dr. Bruce Watkin was commissioned in the U.S. Naval Dental Corp. After spending his first year in a General Practice Residency program he was deployed with a SeaBee battalion to Puerto Rico and Okinawa. Following his service, he returned to Indiana to a group practice in South Bend.
With a desire to have a more hands-on, personal practice he started Watkins Family Dental in 2002. He felt with his vast experiences in General Practice Residency, Navy and civilian training he could build a great practice by providing quality, caring, comprehensive dentistry.
Dr. Watkin's commitment to cutting-edge is clear, but also tempered by the knowledge of what has been proven and successful. He is most proud of the positive changes that he has brought to his patients' lives. He has maintained the highest level of integrity, amidst busy daily schedules and often challenging situations.
"I recommend the best, as I would for myself and my own family. I am involved in every step of the dental experience. I am available to clients and staff, ensuring the highest level of client care."
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Northwest, Indiana School of Dentistry - High Honor in 1998
- One Year General Practice Residency, U.S. Naval Dental Corp., Portsmouth Naval Hospital
● Experienced Hospital Dentistry, exposure to dental specialty treatments, and trauma
Advanced Post-Graduate Studies & Excels in the Fields of:
- Implant Placement
● Studied Under Dr. Arun Garg, Leader in Implant Placement Training
● Awarded DIPLOMATE Status
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- CEREC 1 Visit Crown Certified & Lectures Other Dentists
- International Dental Implant Association (IDIA) - DIPLOMATE
- American Academy of Facial Aesthetics (AAFE)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- American Dental Society (ADA)
- Indiana Dental Association (IDA)
- Chicago Dental Society (CDS)
- North Central Dental Society (NCDS)
- Elkhart Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Bruce Watkins, Certified Member of the American Academy of Facial Esthetics
Certificate for PDO Thread Lifts Awarded by the American Academy of Facial Esthetics
Congratulations to Dr. Watkins on achieving his Diplomate level training with the International Dental Implant Association.
This is the highest distinction achievable in dental implant and bone grafting training. This process has taken over 2 years, more than 250 continuing education hours in lecture, cadaver and live patient training with Dr. Garg and Implant Seminars. Dr. Watkins is most proud of the live patient experiences as those cases were donated to underserved Dominican Republic citizens that would never have been able to access the high level of implant related care that he and his colleagues provided at no cost. On two separate occasions, over 2.5 million dollars of treatment were donated to those amazing people by dentists just like Dr. Watkins learning their craft and supervised by established, internationally regarded professionals from all over the world. Dr. Watkins completed his case presentations, didactic and clinical hours on the 5th of February. We are proud to provide our patients with ever expanding treatment options by training with the best to provide the best care possible.